Looks like I haven’t wrote anything yet since the past two months,
well a lot of good things have happen and so does bad things too.
Hopefully this 2011 will bring up some good fortunes for everyone.
Mainly reasons of delay are struck of laziness and time, due to most of my time are spent into … ahem… gaming.
regardless I’ve finally muster up my motivation to write some more into the blog
there are some new games I’ve been delved within these two months into recently, I’ll add a short (as much as i can) of the thoughts and opinion about them too:
1. Sid Meier’s Civilization V (PC/Mac) – another great sequel to the Civilization series. I’ve found myself playing this quite greatly with friends. In Civilization, you’ll took in charge of Civilization with some of their famous people (eg. Napoleon, Gandhi, etc) and speciality and perks. You are to build your civilization to reach a various goals such as Domination, Utopia project, Space Race or UN elections. You build, expand, raise an army, defend and attack others civilization for the glory of your civilization. They’ve added the Policies which provide bonuses to civilization by giving more defensive bonus, cheaper building/unit cost, more battle experience, and many more. City-states are introduced in this game who can be a great allies, enemies and a greatly welcomed addition. In my honest opinion Civilization V is great for both beginners and expert alike.
Quite a battle going on in one map
2. Mushihimesama Futari (Xbox 360)
This is a famous shooter/’bullet hell’ game is made by the infamous shooter company ‘Cave’, was released back in 2006 on arcade machine and made its way to Xbox 360 release in 2007 with changes and improvements. Many Thanks to brightsuzaku,I am able to enjoy this game. This game is one of the several games that enjoys the privilege of being ‘region free’ and was welcomed greatly by many western enthusiast. Later on this also provide with the release of another great shooter game Espgaluda II to be released as ‘region free’. This game also recently being released into Japanese Xbox360 Platinum which retains its ‘region free’ at much cheaper price. I’ve found a very nice review and information of this game from racketboy forum, you can find them in the following link.
Player bullets in action, wait until you see purple bullets in your screen…
3. Another.Century.Episode R (PS3) – the fourth installment of the A.C.E series with many mecha from different anime/manga series. Rosters includes Code Geass, Banpresto Originals, Crossbone Gundam, Macross Frontier, Zeta Gundam, Gundam Seed Destiny, Full Metal Panic, Overman King Gainer, and many other more. One thing I have to say even though the game is filled with a lot of mechs and bits, the control is a little bit rough and took me sometime to understand how it worked.
Another Century Episode R Game Cover
4. Umineko no Naku Koro ni: Ougon Mousou Kyoku (PC)
07th expansion are well known for their release of the ‘When they cry’ Visual Novel series which include ‘Higurashi no naku Koro ni’ and ‘Umineko no naku Koro ni’, but this time they trying something else different… A fighting game. I might possible wrote another opinion and details about this game next time. The game is quite fun and many references to the actual story of the visual/sound novel. I would highly suggest this game to those who loved and have been following the series to give this game a try.
Beatrice vs. Battle conversation scene
5. 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors (999) (Nintendo DS) – developed by Chunsoft and published by Aksysgame. You are trapped in a sinking ship and tries hard to find an escape before given the time and you have 9 hours to do so. You found yourself along with the other 8 members trapped in the same ship and work together to escape. Ultimately you too have to find a door marked with number 9 which will lead you to the final escape. This game is perfect for those who crave for visual novel like stories. The game features much simpler puzzle than Professor Layton, however this game is quite heavy on the scripts and storyline which I think mind-blowing-ly amazing. There have been many reviews and comments that justify how good this game is.
9 Characters that is introduced in this game
6. Ghost Trick (Nintendo DS) – once I’ve beaten 999, i’ve quickly acquire Ghost Trick. You play as a recently deceased character who tried to find out about his/her past while saving several lives on the way. In order to do so you’ll posses/manipulate things to create path, solving murders, obstructing criminals and even talk to the dead. Ghost Trick was done by the same team that produced Gyakuten/Ace series previously. As I’ve mentioned earlier characters in this game are quirky, amusing and very likeable with full of personality. Ghost Trick is indeed a game that must not be missed in.
Cabanela is one of many of the interesting character in this game
Well… thats quite a lot of list of the games that i’ve been playing, now that hopefully give me enough excuse why I havent update my blog so much lately hahaha :D. There are more games that I am currently playing including Fable 3, League of Legends, King’s Bounty series, Mount & Blade: Warband, Romance of Three Kingdom XI, and… yeah… many more.
I have planned for more shoot for some figurine shoot but that perhaps have to wait for a little bit until I’ve got my schedule straighten.
Until the next post then.